Alex Fender © Fender Piano Services 2013 - 2019
Tel: 0800 233 5440 - Mobile: 07725 120137
- The year 2000 marks the 300th year of piano manufacturing
- Ron Overs (Australia) presents a revolutionary new grand piano action design, offering pianists a level of control, responsiveness and speed unrivalled in grand pianos to date
- Kawai launches Shigeru custom grand piano
- Pearl River Piano Group announced they were to begin production of the old German make, Ritmuller
- Whelpdale, Maxwell & Codd Ltd. and Woodchester Pianos merge into The British Piano Manufacturing Company Ltd.
- Schaff Piano Supply Co. buys American Piano Supply Co. (USA)
- Steinway begins distributing their Essex line, manufactured by Young Chang
- Baldwin files for bankruptcy
- Gibson purchases Baldwin Piano Co., including the Chickering and Wurlitzer names.
- Bosendorfer purchased by BAWAG - PSK GROUP, Austria's third largest banking group.
- Bosendorfer releases Porsche Design 7 foot grand
- Steinway celebrates its 150th anniversary at Carnegie Hall in New York
- Bosendorfer celebrates its 175th anniversary
- Inter Music (England) purchases the stock of the British Piano Manufacturing Co Ltd., also acquiring the piano names of Bentley, Knight, Welmar, and Woodchester
- Bluthner releases its "left-handed" or "backwards" grand piano - with the treble keys, hammers and strings on the left and the bass on the right.
- Grotrian (Germany) introduces its Duo Grand Piano - 2 grand pianos placed side by side with keyboards at opposite ends, as in a duo piano concert, with connected soundboards and a common lid.
- The British Manufacturing Co. ceases operations in April
Steinway announces to move production of some of the Essex models to the Pearl River Factory in China.
- Steinway & Sons' New York factory announces the return in production of the Model O grand with its characteristic round tail, curved bass bridge, and rear duplex scales. The Model O was originally introduced in 1902. By 1923, the last of the Model Os were produced in New York (although the model has since been made at their Hamburg factory).
- Schulze Pollman partners with Ferrari Motor Car to launch limited edition pianos based on the Ferrarl 612 Scaglietti series.
Bechstein acquires Czech Republic firm, Bohemia Piano Co., which it integrates into a new entity called C. Bechstein Europe.